01 July 2023 | 10:25 AM
Common Law Admission Test CLAT CLICK HERE TO APPLY
HOW TO APPLY ADMISSION FORM OF Common Law Admission Test (CLAT): Your Complete Guide
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on how to apply for the admission form in the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). The CLAT is a prestigious entrance exam for undergraduate and postgraduate law programs in India. In this guide, we will provide you with a step-by-step process to successfully complete your CLAT application form. Whether you’re a first-time applicant or looking for a refresher, this guide will ensure that you navigate the application process with ease and confidence.
Table of Contents
- How to Apply for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT): An Overview
- Understanding the Importance of the CLAT Admission Form
- Eligibility Criteria for CLAT
- Required Documents for CLAT Application
- Step-by-Step Guide to Fill the CLAT Admission Form
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- FAQ 1: What is the application fee for CLAT?
- FAQ 2: Can I apply for CLAT if I am in the final year of my graduation?
- FAQ 3: Are there any age restrictions for CLAT?
- FAQ 4: Can I edit my application form after submission?
- FAQ 5: What if I forget my CLAT login credentials?
- FAQ 6: How can I make the payment for the CLAT application fee?
1. How to Apply for Common Law Admission Test (CLAT): An Overview
Applying for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is the first step towards securing admission to prestigious law schools in India. The application process involves filling out the CLAT admission form, providing the required documents, and paying the application fee. It is crucial to understand the process thoroughly to avoid any errors or omissions that may impact your application.
2. Understanding the Importance of the CLAT Admission Form
The CLAT admission form is a critical document that provides essential information about you as an applicant. It includes personal details, educational qualifications, contact information, and preferences for the participating law universities. The admission form serves as a basis for evaluating your eligibility and suitability for the CLAT examination and subsequent admissions.
3. Eligibility Criteria for CLAT
Before proceeding with the application, it is essential to ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria for CLAT. The eligibility criteria may include age limitations, educational qualifications, and nationality requirements. Carefully review the official CLAT notification or the CLAT website to understand the specific eligibility criteria for the year of the examination.
4. Required Documents for CLAT Application
To complete your CLAT application form, you will need the following documents:
- Recent passport-sized photograph: Upload a clear and professional photograph as per the specifications mentioned in the application guidelines.
- Signature: Provide your signature in black ink on a white paper and scan it for digital upload.
- Category Certificate (if applicable): If you belong to a reserved category, you will need to provide a valid category certificate as per the prescribed format.
- Disability Certificate (if applicable): If you have a disability, ensure to obtain a disability certificate from a recognized medical authority.
5. Step-by-Step Guide to Fill the CLAT Admission Form
Follow these steps to fill out your CLAT admission form accurately:
Step 1: Visit the official website of CLAT (https://www.clat.ac.in).
Step 2: Register as a new user by providing your name
, email address, and contact details. You will receive a registration ID and password on your registered email address.
Step 3: Login to the CLAT portal using the provided registration ID and password.
Step 4: Complete your profile by entering personal details, educational qualifications, and other required information.
Step 5: Upload the scanned copies of your photograph, signature, category certificate (if applicable), and disability certificate (if applicable) in the specified format.
Step 6: Choose your preferred law universities and programs based on your eligibility and interest.
Step 7: Pay the application fee online through the available payment modes.
Step 8: Review all the entered details before final submission. Make any necessary corrections or modifications.
Step 9: Submit your application form. You will receive a confirmation message or email with your application number.
Step 10: Take a printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
6. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FAQ 1: What is the application fee for CLAT?
The application fee for CLAT may vary each year. It is advisable to check the official CLAT website or the CLAT notification for the current year’s application fee.
FAQ 2: Can I apply for CLAT if I am in the final year of my graduation?
Yes, final year students of the undergraduate course are eligible to apply for CLAT. However, they must provide the required documents and fulfill all other eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
FAQ 3: Are there any age restrictions for CLAT?
There is no upper age limit for the CLAT examination. However, for undergraduate programs, candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination or equivalent. For postgraduate programs, candidates must have completed their LL.B. or equivalent degree.
FAQ 4: Can I edit my application form after submission?
No, the CLAT application form cannot be edited after submission. Therefore, it is crucial to review all the entered details carefully before final submission.
FAQ 5: What if I forget my CLAT login credentials?
If you forget your CLAT login credentials, you can use the “Forgot Password” option on the login page. Follow the instructions to reset your password or retrieve your login credentials.
FAQ 6: How can I make the payment for the CLAT application fee?
The CLAT application fee can be paid online through various payment modes such as net banking, credit card, debit card, or UPI. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection and sufficient funds in your chosen payment method.
Completing the admission form for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an important step in pursuing a career in law. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can ensure a smooth and successful application process. Remember to check the eligibility criteria, gather the required documents, and fill out the form accurately. If you have any further queries, refer to the official CLAT website or contact the CLAT authorities for assistance.